Learning & capability development is undergoing a huge paradigm shift. With the advent of cutting edge web technologies, Digital approach to learning is gaining huge momentum. The new generation digital learning platforms are empowering learners to take complete charge of their own development. The rules of the game have completely changed â€“ learning is driven by learners themselves. In addition, new generation platforms offer very holistic social collaboration functionality. The concept of â€œExtended Enterpriseâ€ has added whole new dimension to the domain of learning and capability development. In this context it means taking care of learning needs of not just employees but customers, channel partners, vendors, consultants and even society at large.
Deployment of digital learning platforms, applications, tools entail sizeable investments but at the same time offer handsome ROIÂ – both qualitative benefits as well as OPEX savings in real rupee (or dollar) terms, besides positively impacting business.
Here are 7 top digital learning trends :
- Learning would be all about learners â€“ learners will decide how much they want to learn every day, where do they learn, how do they learn, which capabilities they focus upon.
- Anything you learn becomes a starting point â€“ learner would need to learn continuously (so we have phrases like hire to retire or cradle to grave). As we exist in digital space, there will be well defined algorithms (software programs) to trigger learning reinforcement to facilitate continuous learning.
- Digital technologies would offer highly Immersive experience â€“ highly enriching virtual classroom experience (its better than physically being there).
- Searching relevant content is a huge task â€“ so new platforms and tools will offer easily searchable learning objects â€“ learner would spend more time on learning rather than search.
- Everyone would learn from everyone â€“ means learning in a highly collaborative social environment â€“ learning from people having skills similar to you (skill community) or people with same job role as yours (job community).
- Learners would love to learn on their own devices â€“ with BYOD policies gaining momentum, learning administrators would deploy more and more learning apps having agile content which would help content reformatting itself based on size of the screen and its resolution.
- Digital platforms would create a pull effect thru well stocked digital content factoriesâ€“ learners will pick from the factory whatâ€™s good for them â€“ push from the manager or top down approach will cease to exist
Learning@2020 will be radically different from what we experience today.